Promoting Class of 2015
Promotion will be on Thursday, June 18, 2015.
March 2, 2015
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
It is never too early to provide information about 8th grade activities. With this in mind, we need to inform you of specific information about the Great America trip and other promotion activities. It is our intent to continue to inform families with the hope of avoiding any last minute confusion.
Please save this letter to refer to throughout the upcoming months.
March 16 Panoramic picture order forms will be passed out to
students in Core class.
March 19 Panoramic picture will be taken in the afternoon.
The price for the picture (not framed) is $22.
The price for the framed picture is $40.
Promotion Gown and Great America
March 23 Promotion ceremony gown form
March 23 Great America permission slip, field trip emergency
form, and money. $67 for ticket and transportation or
$38 for transportation only for students with a season pass).
June 15 Students will report to school at their regular time and
go to their first period class to wait for instructions to
board the buses.
Promotion Dance and Ceremony Dates
June 12 Promotion Dance in the Multi-Purpose Room
from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
June 18 Promotion Ceremony at 6:00 p.m. in the CMS Courtyard.
Please see below for detailed information about these upcoming events and complete the permission forms by the set deadlines.
8th Grade Panoramic Picture
The 8th grade panoramic picture will be taken on Thursday, March 19, 2015. Order forms will be passed out on March 16 and must be returned with (either $22 or $40) on the day of the photo if you wish to purchase a picture.
Great America Trip
MONDAY, MARCH 23, IS THE DEADLINE FOR TURNING IN DONATION MONEY FOR GREAT AMERICA.
The Great America trip is scheduled for Monday, June 15, 2015. Students will report to school at the regular time, go to their first period class and be called to board the bus at approximately 8:45 a.m. They will return at approximately 7:00 p.m. the same day. Please be advised that if any student is caught by park security breaking any rules/regulations, he/she will be detained by park security and parents will be responsible for their child’s transportation home from the park.
All students attending the trip must ride the bus to Great America. Money orders, cash, or checks with the attached Great America permission slip and field trip emergency form should be turned into the office. Checks should be made payable to “C.M.S.” Students with season passes are free to use them but must notify us by March 23. No refunds will be given for passes purchased at a later date. If a pass is being used, remit only the cost of the round-trip bus fare.
Any student who has one or more F’s at the end of the 2nd trimester will not attend the trip. Any student who does not attend the trip is expected to attend school on the day of the trip.
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
MONDAY, MARCH 23, IS THE DEADLINE FOR TURNING IN THE PROMOTION GOWN FORM.
The promotion ceremony will be held in the outside courtyard area on Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. In an effort to enhance the promotion ceremony and limit clothing cost for families, all promoting 8th grade students at Christensen Middle School will wear royal blue promotion gowns. Students will borrow a gown for the event and return it following the ceremony. Students may wear a gown from a previous year if they have access to one. The attached gown form is due Monday, March 23, 2015.
8th Promotion Dance
The promotion dance will be held on Friday, June 12, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. In order to provide an opportunity for family and friends to celebrate together, all of the Livermore middle schools will be hosting their celebration the Friday evening before the June 18 ceremony.
Please be on the lookout for more information regarding this event as there is a parent committee dedicated to coordinating the details.
In order for your child to have a memorable night and fantastic experience, we need your input when planning this event. Parent volunteers are crucial to this event’s success. This celebration is hosted entirely by 8th grade parent volunteers. If you are interested in assisting the 8th grade promotion parent team or have contacts that could supply donations, please contact the CMS PTA.
December 12, 2014 Activities Letter
Eighth grade activities are just around the corner. We are looking forward to a celebration of the culmination of three years of hard work on the part of your children. Hopefully, the information included in this letter will assist you in your planning.
- This year the Promotion Dance will take place in the Multi-Purpose Room on Friday, June 12th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. In order to attend this activity, students must have passing grades in all of their classes by Monday, June 8th.
- Please remember before you purchase clothes for the promotion dance, this event is NOT a formal affair and the middle school dress code applies. Long formals, halter/spaghetti straps/strapless dresses, dresses with low necklines, etc. are appropriate for formal high school dances. However, they are NOT permitted at the middle school promotion dance or promotion ceremony. We want to ensure that all students dress appropriately for eighth grade promotion activities.
- This year the eighth grade trip to Great America will take place on Monday, June15th. In order to take part in this activity, students must have passing grades in all classes on their report card at the end of the second trimester, March 11, 2015. Students must continue to maintain passing grades during the third trimester to attend.
- The promotion ceremony will take place on Thursday, June 18th. In order to attend this activity, students must have passing grades in all of their classes for the third trimester. We encourage our eighth graders to see this event as one for which they “dress for success.” Jeans, flip flops, and hats are not appropriate for this event and are not permitted at the ceremony. Note that it is possible for students not to have the grades for the Great America trip but still be able to participate in the other two promotion activities.
- An eighth grade student may advance to high school with one failing grade on his or her report card at the end of the third trimester. However, the student may not take part in the promotion ceremony or dance. According to District policy, a student with two or more failing grades at the end of the third trimester must attend and pass summer school classes before advancing to high school. A student with three failing grades may be retained. Final decisions regarding students’ advancement to high school will be made by the administration in August.
Please see the following important dates and save this information for your reference.
March 16 Panoramic picture order forms will be passed
out to students in Core class.
March 19 Panoramic picture taken in the afternoon
(Money due on day of picture.)
Week of March 2nd: Additional information packets will be sent home
with permission slips and further details.
Promotion Gown and Great America Trip Monies Due
March 23 Promotion ceremony gown sizes are due.
March 23 Great America permission slip, field trip emergency form,
and money are due. ($67 for ticket and transportation or
$38 for transportation only for students with season
passes). The Great America trip is on Monday, June 15th.
Promotion Dance and Ceremony Dates
June 12 Promotion Dance in the Multi-Purpose Room from 7:00 p.m.
to 9:30 p.m.
June 18 Promotion Ceremony at 6:00 p.m. in the CMS Courtyard
In May, we will compile a list of students who are at-risk of failing the third trimester and in danger of not participating in both the Promotion Dance (6/12) and the CMS Promotion Ceremony (6/18).
We look forward to successful second and third trimesters for all of our eighth grade students.
Pat Avilla Erik Taylor
Principal Vice Principal
November 10, 2014
Dear 8th grade parents,
Our Promotion Planning Committee is working hard on the promotion dance scheduled for Friday, June 12th. This party is a CMS PTA program and a celebration for our students as ...more