1. Our music program has received top ratings at both CMEA and Delta Junior College music festivals over the years.
· The Cougar Marching Band has performed in the Livermore Rodeo Parade 20 years in a row.
· The CMS music program has had students participate in local, county, and state honor groups.
· The CMS music program has had students play in various local youth groups outside of school.
· The CMS music program has had students play in the Livermore-Amador Symphony (an adult group).
2. Like the other middle schools, we offer a variety of electives. However, a few of our electives are not offered at the other middle schools: Life Skills, Advanced Art, and Vocal Music Performance.
3. We consistently have the most number of Science Odyssey entries compared to the other middle schools. We also had several students participate in the Tri Valley Science Fair. Our students have walked away with the top middle school awards in the past.
4. We recognize students for Student of the Month for exhibiting good character based on the character traits from our Character Counts program: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship.
5. We support and encourage recycling to help maintain the beauty of our campus. Over the last ten years, CMS recycled approximately 186,000 pounds of mixed materials.
6. In 2009, Our API score rose 27 points.
7. Working together with our PTA and School Site Council, we have a goal of captivating dreams and cultivating our students’ futures.
8. We have an outstanding PTA. Our parents are supportive and an integral part of the learning community.
9. We have an amazing student leadership program which is comprised of various committees all of which work diligently to facilitate noon-time activities, encourage school spirit, recognize students for their achievements, host talent shows and school dances, and celebrate students and staff.
10. We offer a variety of academic classes and programs to meet the needs of all students. We offer Honors Core, seven levels of math including Geometry, and a range of special needs programs to ensure all CMS students are successful.