1. Our music program has received top ratings at both CMEA and Delta Junior College music festivals over the years.
· The Cougar Marching Band has performed in the Livermore Rodeo Parade 15 years in a row.
· The CMS music program has had students participate in local, county, and state honor groups.
· The CMS music program has had students play in various local youth groups outside of school.
· The CMS music program has had students play in the Livermore-Amador Symphony (an adult group).
2. Like the other middle schools, we offer a variety of electives. However, a few of our electives are not offered at the other middle schools: Life Skills, Advanced Art, Technology, Vocal Music Performance, and Environmental Science.
3. We consistently have the most number of Science Odysseyentries compared to the other middle schools. We also had several students participate in the Tri Valley Science Fair. For the last two years, our students have walked away with the top middle school awards.
4. We recognize students for Student of the Month for exhibiting good character based on the character traits from our Character Counts program: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship.
5. We have a Go Greenprogram at CMS to support and encourage recycling, beautify the campus, and to continue to problem solve and make changes. Over the last five years, CMS recycled approximately 185,000 pounds of mixed materials.
6. In 2009, Our API score rose 27 points.
7. Working together with our PTA and School Site Council, we have a college/career focuswith the goal of captivating dreams and cultivating our students’ futures.
8. We have an outstanding PTA. Last year, our PTA raised over $30,000 fundraising through the Bingo Ranch. Our parents are supportive and an integral part of the learning community.
9. We have an amazing student leadership program which is comprised of various committees all of which work diligently to facilitate noon-time activities, encourage school spirit, recognize students for their achievements, host talent shows and school dances, and celebrate students and staff.
10. We offer a varietyof academic classes and programs to meet the needs of all students. We offer REACH Core, Strategic Core, Honors Core, and eight levels of math including Geometry, and a range of special needs programs to ensure all CMS students are successful.